Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Goodbye Texas

I know, I know I have been gone for a month and I'm just now posting my goodbye.

I don't have many pictures because, 1) I didn't take a bunch 2) the ones before I left Athens are on Mom's camera.
But here is what I have.

I left Athens on Tuesday August 4th, and headed to Dallas. I stopped off at my grandmothers and said good-bye. Then I stopped at my cousin Tennettes (Annette). It was her baby girl Peyton's first birthday. We stuck around for cake and played a bit. Then headed off to Kristi's. We spent the night there and then went to lunch with my friend Brenda and her daughter Brianna. Bri has moved to College Station just like I did TEN years ago when I graduated high school. After lunch we went to see Aleigh and Brie and tell them bye because they were at their Aunts house when we did the goodbyes in Athens.



Then we headed out, but wait......Drew called and he was just getting off work so we met for ice cream and a goodbye. Then we were off.

We drove straight through. It was a fun road trip but we were both sick of the car before we even got out of Texas.
Mom packed the car good!! Those pictures are on her camera. We made it safe and sleepy. I did well not crying or freaking out UNTIL about two hours from the new house when I looked out the window looked at a mountain and said "What the heck have I just done." That is when the tears started flowing but I tried hard not to so Maddi wouldn't see me crying. She calmed me down by saying good sweet stuff that sisters say.
I'm still job hunting and hope I get something quick.
Love and miss all,
CaliAmber

0 comments: