Saturday, October 3, 2009

A night at the Movies

Tonight the boys went to the football game. Ashley and I enjoyed a night out. We ate dinner did some shopping and went to the movies.

The regular movie here cost $11.75!! Highway robbery to me! I heard about a theater here that is a little cheaper and some of the older movies. I suggested we check it out. I admit it was a little dark and dreary this neighborhood. Let me tell you first since I have lived here I have yet to find a "Ghetto" side of town, this may be the closes, but still not bad.

We decided to see the Proposal we get our tickets, candy, coke and popcorn. We saved so much on the tickets we had the money for junk. Oh yah the tickets were $4.25, a steal if you ask me.

We were a little early and the first in the theater as we are walking past the broken seat to sit down Ashley says "I'm scared, I'm scared I'm going to get lice, this place is gross." I say "It is no worse than the dollar movie in Mesquite." to which she replies "Yeah and do you ever go there?" my answer "Well no, it's gross."

We wait patiently for the lights to dim and the show to start all while the empty seats around us are quickly filling up. I get so lucky that two girls come in right as the previews start and have to discuss what they want to get from the snack bar. If you really know me then you know that I DO NOT like to miss the previews of the movies.

Into the beginning of the movie the jerks are still talking. At some point the stopped, but don't get to happy because I am so lucky and have done something right to be so lucky that a guy walks in and sits next to one of the girls. He is RIGHT in front of me, and do you know what happened next, they started kissing and I'm not talking a nice little hello nice to see you today kiss. I'm talking a loud I can hear you kissing, THANK YOU! Kiss! I could even hear it over the movie. It irritated me more than the guy in my left ear repeating every other word of the movie.

YES, folks I should have paid $11.75, but would it have been any different?

Oh and in case your wondering, we pulled our hair up, and didn't lean back in the seats. We are lice free!

0 comments: