Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Homemaker

Tonight we had the missionaries from church over for dinner along with another guy from church. When I signed up to feed them I was not working on Tuesdays then all of a sudden work switched things up on me and I now work on Tuesdays. Lucky for me I live with other people who can help since they would be here 30 minutes after I got off work.

I'm not a big cook. I love to cook and wish that I was a good one, but the lack of having my own family keeps me from experimenting and such. Jana cooked a roast, I made a salad and I made dessert. I am very very proud of my dessert since I'm not much of a "homemaker." I made a banana cream pie and it took all of 10 minutes which was the best part. The guys loved it and told me I did well! :)

Maybe I will invite them over more and try cooking other things. One of them asked me "Are you not a homemaker?" I said "No not yet but one day I hope to be." Then he asked if I was a microwave girl, I said "No, I'm a take-out girl."

I figure once I have a husband and children at home I will cook more but it is just silly to cook for myself, AND there is usually someone else around that cooks for me. I'm so loved and spoiled.

1 comments:

Kristi said...

Cool, it's always great to find easy recipes that taste awesome! Like that banana pudding I made...SO EASY and fast! Glad that Jana was able to help out, the sound of roast made my mouth water, YUM!