Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Burning down the house

I have never claimed to be a good cook and after yesterday I don't think I ever will. I can make enough food for myself to eat I can follow directions a little. However I will NEVER be a Chef.

Yesterday I was hungry and I decided to cook some ramen noodles. Simple. I turned on the burner and put my pan of water on the stove. While waiting for it to boil (a watched pot never boils) I went to the restroom.....#2. While in there Jana yells "Amber are you cooking something?" This question drives me insane because she will ask me that or say "I smell it, I think it is done." Sometimes I get oh that is up to high, you need to turn it down. There are lots. I have just given up on cooking for her or with her. Anyway she asked I said yes and that was that. Then all of a sudden we heard the smoke alarm so I hurried as fast as I could to "finish" and wash my hands. Then ran out into the smoke filled kitchen to notice that I had turned on the wrong burner, and some how the plastic spoon rest had gotten on the front burner and melted half way. After getting the smoke out and then turning the right burner on made my noodles and ate them. Making the comment to Jana saying the dumb stove needs to say "Front" and "Back." She says "There is a picture." I don't feel the picture is good enough.

Shelby comes home ask about the smell, we tell her. She taste my noodles. Wants some of her own. Turns on the wrong burner and re-melts what had already dried. Again I say "The stove needs to say Front and Back."

0 comments: