Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Parade and lights




Addi going to Santa's house. He was not home.....:(

On Saturday I went to visit the family and took Shelby and Addi with me. We had so much fun that Addi did not wake up until 1 on Sunday. I played taxi taking kids to lunch, cheer, picking them up and so forth.


My kids for the night. Brie is missing cause she was at cheer practice. We really missed her that night.


When I got there I thought that it was the night of the parade. I called mom and YES it was. I being the most fun Aunt EVER. Loaded up the kids and we went to the parade. We loaded chairs and blankets and went to the square.

Alex and Austin waiting on the parade.




Addi shoving cotton candy in her mouth.

We walked around for a little taking pictures with the decorations. Then we set up our chairs and waited...and waited...and waited. The kids walked across the street for some hot chocolate...THE OLDER KIDS, and came back with COFFEE WHAT????? Yes turns out the place did not have hot chocolate only swirls which were coffee and hot chocolate. I was a little more than mad that the place would EVEN sale coffee to children. I told them they should not drink it. They said it was fine after the parade we walked away with 4 full glasses of Coffee/hot chocolate, cause "It was nasty." I knew they would choose the right.

We had cotton candy and they still walked by and Addi still cried for more. People walked by with glow sticks and I was NOT giving in and buying those useless things. A lady felt bad for Addi and just gave her one.

After the parade we went home and I made dinner and told Selena that since I'm such a cool sister I would keep the kids and she and David could go to dinner. The kids wanted to look at Christmas lights. After Selena left she called and said to meet her at "Land of Lights." Where you drive around and see the lights. We met them there and the kids loaded in the bed of the truck. Addi and I sat inside the warm truck. After land of lights I took the kids to look at house lights. We didn't have much luck finding them. Then we went home tucked the kids in bed. I drove Shelby and Addi home who both fell asleep before we were out of town. It was a great start to the holiday season.
Addi hanging out the window. (I held on to her she was safe). The kids standing in the back probably were not but we were only going 5 miles an hour.

Addi wanting in the back with Brie.

Big kids all bundled in the back...Aleigh got in the truck half way.

0 comments: