Thursday, January 29, 2009

Press 7.....Then laugh

We got a new house phone. I never answer it cause it is never for me. When it rings I just stay in the bed and wait for the message. The new phone is funny! Here is what the message says when the answering machine picks up:
"This is an answering machine, please leave a message."

Jana decide we need to change the message. We do. I love to have nontraditional messages and I think this one would have to be one of my best. If you were to call our house and the machine pick up this is what you would hear:
"If your calling for Jana press 1, Scotty press 2, Shelby press 3, Amber press 4, Addiysn press 5, Just kidding you don't have to press anything just wait for the beep."
What makes this so funny, thinking of people pressing buttons and becoming frustrated.

When I got home last night I checked the machine and this is what I heard:
"Hi Jana this is Brad with (insert whatever finance bill collector he was) I'm looking for Laura. When you talk to her could you ask her to press 7 and call 903(insert whatever that number was)."

It's nice to know that he can find humor in his job. I went to bed laughing it was nice to fall asleep laughing and not crying for a change.

1 comments:

Kristi said...

This made me laugh...it has inspired me to change our greeting to something funny. Thanks for being so funny friend! I laughed especially hard when you said, "insert whatever bill collector..." HAHAHAHA! And I laughed hard whenever you said, just kidding you don't have to press a number. HAHAHAHA...see, that's me laughing!