Sunday, October 5, 2008

Kids are fun!

Last weekend I kept Kristi and Nathan's kids (My best friends). Chandler is about to be 6. Kennedy is 3 and little Will is 7 months.

It was so much fun and tiring at the same time.

Friday night we just hung out around the house. I let the kids stay up till around 9:30 since I didn't get there till 8. I told them the could sleep in their parents big bed with me if they wanted. Truth is I was a little scared and if I had been in the HUGE bed all alone I would have never fallen asleep. Kennedy quickly told me that they have their own beds. I REALLY wanted to watch the Greys Anatomy season premiere that I had Kristi tape for me. I had Kennedy pick out a movie. Chandler went in his parents room with toys and books. They were both quickly asleep.
Kristi and Nathan came home that night and the next morning we all went to Chandlers Soccer game. Then the kids and I went to my cousin Annette's house for a play date. The kids all played so well together. Annette's living room was arranged perfect for Will. He and I sat on the floor and he played in the middle of the circle so good. The only time he crawled out was if I left the circle. When we first got there he cried when Clay would look at him, then by the end of the day If clay walked away he would cry.
We left Annette's and went to Kristi's parents house where we decorated Halloween cookies with Grammy, Grampy, Aunt Tiffy and Uncle Matt. It was fun. It was the only time all weekend that I took any pictures. Here is Kennedy eating her cookie.

Grammy asked Chandler if he wanted a Pizza or corn dog to eat. He replied "No, my mom says I need to start eating healthy." Grammy asked if he wanted a salad. At first he said no that he wasn't very hungry then he said that he would have one. Here he is eating it.

Here is the cookie I decorated. I think it should be a witches pot, but it looks more like a pile of poo.

Here is little Will enjoying part of his dinner. He is so stinking cute and happy. He smiles all the time.

These kids kept me laughing all weekend. It is so fun with them. I get to see them once a week because of school and I love that part of my week. Plus I get to see my best friend.

As much as I want a baby I still enjoy going to the bathroom alone, not having someone on the other side of the door asking me if I'm going "pee or poop?" Only having one person to get in the car...ME. Not having to worry if someone else is hungry just know when I am. Not having to wake up early and get myself and 3 others ready. And the number one reason why I tell myself that it is good that I'm alone and childless because.....I can sleep all day everyday cause there is nothing else to do!

1 comments:

Kristi said...

Man whose beautiful kids are those? Oh yea, they're mine. Heehee! Thanks for keeping my kids, we really appreciated it. They are HARD work so we were grateful for the time away. Sorry they wore you out! We won't ask you to watch them again until May, hahahahaha!