Thursday, October 2, 2008

October

I love the 4th of July. I'm not sure why, I just love it. Love the fireworks. Love the hot air. Love the cookouts. Love the day off. Love the swimming. Love the red, white, and blue. I just love it!

I have always said it is my favorite holiday. Spring is my favorite season, the weather is perfect minus all the rain.

BUT...October is my favorite month, and here is why.

It is breast cancer awareness month. I love this charity for several reasons. One it gives me something to donate to and claim as "my charity." It also is pink and everything is pink. Making there be lots and lots of pink items sold! AND this is a little silly but because I have big "ta-tas" and have a strange fear that I will die of breast cancer.


It is also when the state fair happens. I love the state fair. I love the corn-dogs, the car show, walking all over, seeing strange folks, complaining that I'm tired from all the walking, all the free stuff, and BIG TEX! Every year I say I want to go to the fair. It really stinks when your single at this time and all your friends are married with their own families. I don't have a family that I can just pick a day to go to the fair and go. If I want to not go alone, which I do not want to do, then I have to find someone to go with me. Its really tuff sometimes to find people to let me tag along. If I wasn't so scared of the neighborhood I would probably just go alone. Then of course I would be the strange person everyone stared at.


It is also Halloween. I love to dress up. I love to be scared. I love to hand out candy. I love to see others dressed up. I love haunted houses, hayrides, mazes anything haunted.


October is also a busy month of birthdays and such. Boss's day is in October but I don't like my boss and don't stress much about that day.

Yes I would say October is a good month!

0 comments: