Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ahhh The life of a Carny!


The fall festival is this weekend in this fabulous redneck town I live in. Shelby went with her friend and I was at home chasing Addi around and dealing with her not wanting to mind. She is so stinking cute but she is really having a hard time listening. One of Jana's friend Debbie's daughter Ashely came over and we decided to go to the carnival to play a game.



We rode this slide. We walked up this stairs that hardly accommodated my large bootie! The rail shook the whole way up. I wondered if there was a weight limit. I wondered it this was safe. I wondered if the creepy man at the bottom was going to touch me. It was fun even with all the wondering.

Then we hit the games. I only wanted to play one that I could for sure win. I saw one that said "A winner every time." I clapped my hands and said "That's what I'm talking about!" It was the duck one. I picked up 3 ducks, a total of 8 points and won a stuffed cat! Ashley won a red bear with only 4 points. Then I needed a pickle. Here I am with my pickle and my big win! I look much like a Carny.


The hat Ashley is wearing is from this dumb game of trying to get the ring on the bottle. For $10 we got the hat filled with rings. We didn't win. I did talk the creepy carny guy into another hat full of rings, we still didn't win. :(


Thought everyone would like a picture of a true blue Carny! My future husband ha just kidding. After I took this picture the entire thing shut down all the lights went out. All these kids on the rides were screaming. It was dark, I didn't know what was going on and there were creepy carnies all around. I WAS SCARED! Ashley said the the carny was going to grab my butt. I told her....."I might be 27, but I'm scared, poopless." Ok I was scared and poopless is not the word I used, but It was dark and I was surrounded by carnies!

What A fun $20 night!

P.S. These pictures were taken with my phone, not so great.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny. I went to the carnival in Palestine on Labor Day weekend with Carmen. We rode the ferris wheel and walked around a bit. We were surrounded by quite an assortment of...people. I guess that's what you call them. I think we were there a total of 15 minutes, got bored, and left.