Sunday, September 7, 2008

A small part of family history

My mother's Aunt, my great aunt passed away in June at the ripe old age of.....uh-oh I can't remember if she was 93 or 98. She had a home out in the country, never had any kids. Her husband was my mothers, mothers brother, so my mom's Uncle. Everything in the will was to be split between her 19 nieces and nephew. My mom and my sisters and I went to Aunt Virgie-Mays house labor day and picked up so furniture and stuff that Maddie and I will use in our apartment after I graduate. Aunt Virgie had everything that she and Uncle Lois bought when they first got married. It was so strange being in her house and going every where she would never let us, behind the counters and in the bedrooms. I guess since I was never allowed anywhere but the living room, kitchen and porch, I always thought the house was much bigger.

After we picked up the stuff we drove down this road that takes you to the pasture which is where (I hope I get this right.) My mothers grandparents settled, the first house they had (which is not there now) and where her mother and Uncle Lois grew up.
Here are some pictures from that day.

This is mom walking down the road. Moms 3 girls in front of where the house once stood. Look how fat I am next to them sometimes I think I might be adopted. I'm not sure what she is pointing at. Mom in front of her family history. The shirt she has on is from Honey Grove Texas. She and I went there this summer. Her grandmother was born there in 18??.

This is my car in the pasture. How it got in and out I do not know. That is Maddie sticking her tongue out. HA

1 comments:

Liz said...

Hey, I want these pictures.