Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rain, Movies and productivity

Well as we all know, there was a hurricane. Luckily my family and I only had to endure some rain and wind nothing to bad. My mom's electricity went off early morning, she had to go to work for a few hours and help out with something. Then she spent the rest of the day at my sisters who did have power.

I knew this weekend was going to be full of rain. I do not like rain and unless I have to I would rather stay inside. I went to the movie store and rented us plenty of entertainment for the weekend.



Up first, Baby mama. This movie was funny, but not as funny as I was wanting it to be. It was good and worth the $2.59.



Smart People was next. This isn't one that I had heard about. The box just looked good. Turns out it was a little strange, funny, and romantic. It was also worth the $2.59.



What happens in Vegas. This one was good! I love movies where the couple gets mad and play pranks and such on the other. This one would have been worth $3.00 so it was definitely worth the $2.59.



Hotel Rwanda is a movie I have wanted to see for about 7 years or so. I read about it somewhere and thought it would be really good and still have not watched it. I found it last night in the 2 for $1 section and grabbed it quick. The not so happy ending is that It would not play in my DVD player. I took it back tonight but that was the only copy they had. I still have not been able to see the movie.

I also rented the movie Envy, which hasn't turned out to be all that great. Its on right now and no one is in the living room watching it. The last movie I got was Land of Women. I remember seeing previews awhile back but never watched it. After I got home Jana informed me that movie was on the HBO channels now and its not all that great. I think I will watch that one tomorrow.

Since I was stuck in the house all day I cleaned and somewhat organized my room, straighted the garage, watched 2 movies, did my homework, took a quiz, 2 loads of laundry and took a really good nap. I'm sure I could have done more but that was enough for me to feel like I was productive.

2 comments:

Miffany said...

Oh my gosh I love that movie Envy! Christopher Walken makes the whole thing! "The J-Man"! It's so hilllllarious lady! You really need to pay attention to it and soak up all the funny lines that you can reuse in it! My first experience with this film wasn't very impressive, but the 2, 3, and 4 times it really started to sink in with me! Try watching it with some "Flaaaaaaaaaaaaaan" or a drink made out of a pineapple!

Kristi said...

I have never seen Envy, Land of Women, Hotel Rwanda, Smart People or Baby Mama...okay should I have just said I have only seen What Happens in Vegas?!? HAHAHA, I'm a nerd. Why haven't we talked in like 8,000 years??? I don't know. Well I think that you were more productive with your day than I was with mine so kudos to you sister! Love you!