Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Here goes the first!

Every semester I write a blog about my first day of school. Mainly just because my first day at my university was so horrible that I posted one and every semester since my mom has wanted another. I'm already into the second week of school. It is a strange semester so this blog will actually be a first 2 weeks of the semester.

Let me start by telling you the classes that I am taking. My Mondays and Fridays are free! I have an Internet class called MIS (to tell you the truth I'm not sure what this stands for), It is a business information class. Tuesdays and Thursdays I have Understanding human sexuality, and cognitive psychology. Also on Tuesdays is a lab for my sex class. Wednesday nights I have an economics class in downtown Dallas at 6. The reason I took this class is the simple fact that I heard the other teachers are hard and this one is easy so it is worth the commute. I needed one more PE class to graduate and none at the University fit into my schedule. There is a junior college that offers PE classes on the web. Basically you work at your own pace and time and just turn in some sort of info.

Now on to the first week! On Monday I logged into my web classes and I just had an odd feeling that the PE class I registered for was not going to transfer as a PE to the University. I emailed to find out and sure enough it will not. Which really irritates me because I asked when registering and told them my intentions of transferring. I then go to the school to change classes where I am greeted by the same man who registered me who tells me "no that will not transfer as a PE." Well, why did he not tell me this then? JERK! Now I'm in bowling, which is requiring me to have a weekly meeting this week. Which defeats the purpose of taking an online class that you do on your own time!

My MIS class will require lots of time and work so I'm not looking forward to that at ALL!

Tuesday I get an alert from school that there is a power outage and all classes are canceled until 12;30 so I did not even have my cognitive psychology class. I go to my sex class where my teacher is a very funny foreign woman who says "VERY NICE" like Borat. Then I go to lab and my lab teacher never shows up so according to the 15 minute rule I left. (That is the rule that if your teacher is not there 15 minutes after class starts you can leave.) I went to Kristi's house to stay since my class on Wednesday is in Dallas. I went to dinner with her and her sweet family. Then Nathan was so sweet and let us go shopping. On Wednesday I slept in and lagged around then we went to Eat and use the WI-FI at Mcallisters cause Kristi's Internet was down, and we were having major withdrawals. Then on Wednesday I went to class in Dallas to find out there are LOTS more than half the class commuting from commerce just to avoid taking the other Economics teachers like me.

Thursday morning I left Kristi's but not early enough cause I got to Commerce when my first class was starting so by the time I parked and got to class I would have been 15 minutes late and well I just was not going to go to class that late. So I just skipped it all.

Now all that to lead up to today. This weekend I emailed my cognitive psychology teacher to let him know I wasn't in class on Thursday and see if I could still get a copy of the syllabus today. I got a reply yesterday and he says that I need to read Chapter 1 and pg 34-56 of chapter 2 cause there would be a test today. Yah, I crapped a brick when I read that. I also emailed my bowling teacher to find out where this meeting was going to be held since all he gave was a time and no room or building. He rudely emails back the Hunt Center, which tells me NOTHING! I called the school and the receptionist was more helpful than him.

Ok so Starts today.........I am awaken by Addi screaming cause she was acting naughty and got a spanking. I get up go to the bathroom and what to I find that nice friendly monthly visitor AUNT FLO. I eat my cereal and instead of preparing for the test I'm going to have in 2 hours I watch the Hills. Then I leave for school only to find I am going to get to drive through Hurricane Gustov! I get to school and can not find a parking spot. I finally do see someone getting in to leave and so I wait FOREVER and have 3 cars piled up behind me probably cursing me for not moving, but dang it I needed to park. I go talk to teach and he is really nice but lets me know we will have a quiz EVERY week and that this class is hard. I take my quiz which had 6 questions....I got 2 right! Then I have to start my big trek across campus to my next class. It is raining and windy and I have on flip flops. There are a million people around and my umbrella flips up and I'm fighting with it to fix it finally I just close it cause it is pointless. Then I almost fall because the ground is so slippery. I get to sex class where my teacher puts up a slide of the Vagina, its a little uncomfortable. I then go to sex lab where again my teacher does not show up, oh wait no here she is she is 12 minutes late. She has us introduce ourselves BUT, when we say our name we have to also say a body part that starts with the same letter as our name....I was Amber....Anus! Then we divide into groups and are all given a body part and we have to list all the other names it has......my group is given....Vagina. It was strange and odd. I don't quite get what this has to do with Understanding human sexuality, but maybe it was just ice breakers. Then I start my long trek back to the car where my umbrella again craps out, only for some guy to stop and stare as I fight with it.

Tonight I have a meeting with the bowling guy who from the sounds of our emails already doesn't like me. Tomorrow I have economics which my book still has not come in for. Oh and I think I missed a deadline for a test in MIS.

Oh this is going to be a grueling semester.

Oh but on a good note I found out that a psychology class that I need and is only offered by the hardest teacher on campus is going to be taught this winter by another teacher who may be a little on the easier side.

Long post I know but there was lots I felt like saying plus it has been awhile.

1 comments:

Miffany said...

Wahahaha! I would have loved to put in a few of my own names for the V word. And I can totally imagine you fighting with your umbrella! I hope the weather clears up for your next long hike across campus.

Love ya,
Tiffany Titties