Friday, July 11, 2008

Aunt and Uncle day?

I was thinking about this a few weeks ago, because I happen to be the BEST Aunt around. I thought I would make a new holiday the second Sunday in July to honor Aunts and Uncles. Mainly just because I wanted a day that my family could honor me since I don't really fit into the "Mothers or Father's day" celebration.

Well I just googled it and guess what supposedly someone else already did it. July 26th is "Aunt and Uncle day." I would much rather have it be the second Sunday of July, but hey July 26th works for me.

I would like breakfast in bed, cards, flowers and just a day for ME, maybe throw in some jewelry. :)

I have some awesome nieces and a terrific nephew. I will tell you all about them now.

My sweet nephew Alex will be 14 in September I can remember when he was born and I would run ALL the way down the drive way (which was LONG) and rush in the house in the afternoons after getting off the bus just to see him. It was usually nap time but everyday I was just as excited as the one before to see him. I was let down when he would be asleep, but every now and then he would be up playing on the floor and my sister and I would make up songs and sing to him. Mostly she made them up but I sang them also. He is GREAT at any sport. He entertains his self so good. I love him.

Then there is Brie or Gabriela or Gabby she is 12. She has been a drama queen since the day she was born. She loves cheer and babies. She is a lot like me. When she was little she had a speech problem she went to speech therapy, I was very sad the day she said "Amber" the right way. It was very exciting for her and sad for me. I liked her calling me "Ownie." She is always thinking of others. I love her.

My baby is Aleigh. She is 10 and I can not believe how big she is. She will always be my little Aleigh cat. When she was a little tot...I worked at the daycare she went to and she would stand at the door and cry for me and I would always have to get her and let her come with me cause it would break my heart to watch her cry. After lunch was nap time and she would say "will you pat my back." I would have that little bonding time with her to pat her back. She still will crawl in my lap to watch a movie or just hang out. I will cry when she gets so old she doesn't do that anymore. When Aleigh was a baby my sister referred to me as "Aunt Bur" which Aleigh pronounced "Aunt beer." She also loves to cheer. She is a little pistol she will tell you what she is thinking. She is very smart and eager to learn. When she doesn't know what something means or is she will quickly ask you. I love her.

That's my blood connections, but I have love connection also here they are.

Scotty has a little girl named Addisyn she will be 2 in August. Addi is a spit-fire she has a very short temper. She is funny and becoming a very big copy cat. Her hair is finally growing out. We bond when I fix her hair and she misses her "bur." When I'm gone. I love her.

Kristi has 3 kids that I consider to be my niece and nephews also. Chandler is such a ham and always says something funny. Kennedy is and always will be a princess, and Will well he is just a cute baby! They are so much fun. I love them.

There you have it that's my bunch. One day I will be able to celebrate the "Mothers day" and have a whole other bunch, but for now July 26th will be my day!

0 comments: