Monday, August 4, 2008

A little trip

A bonding time just me and my mom!




My mom was on vacation from work all last week. She came to visit me on Wednesday. She wanted to take just a small little trip. We can't afford anything big. I showed her around my campus and did the things I needed to get done before school starts. Then she got a wild hair and wanted to drive to Oklahoma, so we did. We drove to a town called Yuba, we never saw anything but the volunteer fire department. We at lunch in Durant then drove over to Hugo and back down to Paris. I have never been to Paris neither had mom so it was neat. The next morning we went to the movies and saw Mama Mia, it was VERY good! I bought the soundtrack the next day. We had a tour of an old home belonging to General Sam Maxey (I think that was his name). We saw the "Eiffel Tower." We looked for some monument, but never found it. Then we headed over to Honey Grove. This was the town my mothers grandmother was born in. She was born in 1883......I think that was the year. No, I think it was 1888 and the church we saw was 1883. The library had a book that had all these OLD newspaper articles in it. I loved reading them. They were very funny. Here are a few pictures. It was such a fun time just being with my mom. I miss her so much.
This is my school. I have wanted a picture in this spot since I started school here but I have never had someone to take the picture. I wish I had looked a little better. Oh well.

A close up!

While we were taking the other picture all these ducks (I think that is what they are) came up to me. I felt like the lady on Mary Poppins.

I played the Oklahoma state lotto........and didn't win a dime!

0 comments: