Wednesday, August 20, 2008

On the move

Since I'm entering my senior year in college I've decided it would be best to live on my own. There will be complete silence and tons of study time. I have been searching for an inexpensive place and have not had a whole lot of luck. The places I WANT to live I can not afford. I started my search in Commerce since that is where I attend school and I would be nice to be close to campus.

When I first started my search I said "I will be happy just for a place with a bed, and the Internet. That is all I need. Now I'm being just a little to picky. I found a place in Commerce that is pretty much dump, I thought maybe it was in the ghetto. After calling the police department and checking the crime rate I have found my new home. I need to go back and sign a lease and all that jazz, but I'm pretty sure this is the place.

After the day of looking in Commerce I looked in Sulphur Springs since I will continue to work here. I will spend 3 days a week working and 3 days in school so either town I would still have the same amount of commuting. I set out yesterday in Sulphur Springs most everything was full there were some that I called on that still have not called me back. I found out later that day at work that there was a shooting at that apartment complex, I'm thinking that is a no go. There was an apartment I looked at in my price range, but so not in my comfort range. This happens to be the complex where a murder took place several years back. I kept from even calling or going over there because I knew that, but I went anyways. That also is a big fat NO!

The Commerce Ghetto is looking best! One thing that makes me feel good about this pick is the fact that some really nice new apartments are right next door.

I have a cold, or allergy attack or I'm dying. Not sure which. I called in sick to work today. Hopefully a day in bed will kick this out. My chest hurts, my throat hurts, I have a nasty dry cough and my shoulders up hurt. I have taken so much medicine if my doctor or pharmacist knew they would probably yell at me. I just want it to all go away!

0 comments: