Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sad, broken things

I often find things that I just LOVE and I usually wear them out. Once they are worn out I get really really sad. I remember when I was 15 or 16 I had a pair of jeans I just LOVED I ripped a hole in the back of them and had to throw them away. Later I had another pair and split the front open. Kristi's mom patched them up and I was able to wear them for a LONG time. I had a pair of shorts that I got in the 7th grade. I had those patched so many times and I think I wore them well into high school. They were pajama shorts.

Ok so my point......I have in the last few days worn out some dear things. I bought a pair of 100% organic cotton pajama pants at Wal-mart. I loved them so much I went back and bought another. I have a gray pair and a pink pair. Well yesterday I was in the kitchen and my gray pair got caught on the drawer or something and it ripped a hole. I am so so mad! BUT, I'm still going to wear them!
On to worn out #2. My computer. This one I just don't get. I don't understand how this thing can be breaking already. I think I may have just bought a lemon. It has crashed twice I think. I have only had it for about 3 years. My speakers are busted so it always sounds like the radio when the channel doesn't come in good. And now.....my Y key has fallen off.

That's right I just have a little nub there to push. WHAT??? WHY??? I just do not understand.

I am now in the market for a new laptop. Have any suggestions? I currently have a Gateway. I really want an imac, but I don't think it is in my price range. I can get a discount on Dell because of work, but everyone I know with a Dell has had problems.

Tell me what is a good brand? Do you know of any good deals?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a Toshiba Satellite. I think Steven got it for $600 or so. I really like it. The only bad thing about it is that it gets pretty warm, but I have a cooling fan pad that I sit it on and it stays cool enough. Our office in Palestine is shared with a computer repair place and one of the guys there told me that Toshiba's are really good. Minus the warm issue. So...that's my suggestion. :)