Monday, March 31, 2008

High Fructose Corn Syrup

Well you all know I read "The book." That is what Kristi, Leslie and I say when referring to "The Skinny Bitch." Which is a book about eating healthy. I took some good things from the book. I don't eat like the books says I should. I have stopped eating meat. I still eat it just not very often. When I was on my period last month I craved it. Now I do not.

Something not from the book.....High fructose corn syrup. The book does mention it but not as much as it should. One of my pharmacist explained to me a little about what that ingredient does. It does not allow your brain or body to release the hormone that tells you your full. He suggested taking this out of my diet and see what happens. I have done it. With this decision I have had to give up my favorite thing in the world and that is KETCHUP. I have only done it for about a week. I don't really see any difference in my weight or clothes fitting. However, I do feel as if I eat and think about food less. I'm going to try it a few more weeks and see what happens.

When I started I was amazed at the things that had high fructose corn syrup and what didn't. There are LOTS of my favorite sweets that I can still eat. I can only have ranch dressing all the others have HFCS. I have to buy the very very expensive bread to avoid it.

Without HFCS, Meat, and Ketchup you wonder what I eat. Fruits, Vegetables, Peanut butter sandwich's, some fake meat, certain cereal, Kashi granola bars. There are lots plus I'm having to try new things which is good. For now I like the change, I hope I can continue to change my eating habits so that I can feel better and hopefully not pass my bad eating habits on to my children.

0 comments: