Sunday, June 22, 2008

I am my father's child

My father never had a son. I think I would have to be the closest thing to it. I'm pretty girly now. I still don't wear a bunch of make-up, have my nails and such done regular. I most of the time dress pretty homely, but I do not like to be dirty, or deal with bugs and such. I do around family act pretty gross with burping and farting. In no way am I lady like around my family.

When I was younger I was the same way. I competed with my father in farting. I loved dirt and bugs. I would have lived outside if my parents would let me. I remember chasing my sister and her friends around with daddy long leg spiders. That would never happen now.

This weekend some friends were over and she was saying how she is like a guy with no emotions and her brother is the girl who cries and gets so upset over small things. Then Jana says Amber is like a guy especially in relationships. She then says "I see your dad in you more and more everyday."

I of course ask how. She says that he would never make plans. She would say I have some friends coming into town do you want to go to dinner with them on Friday. He would say "I don't make plans, when Friday rolls around if I'm free I will go."

I am the EXACT same way. I hate to make plans in case something better comes along. Well not really that reason more in the sense that I don't want to feel as if I have let someone down. If it is plans to go out of town I usually make those in advance but just something in town no way. You better ask me the night of. I am also a very spur of the moment type of person also.

Oh and I remember as a kid my dad would always say oh it is just around the corner and it would be like 30 minutes away.......I do that too.

OR "I will be home in a little bit"........which means 2 hours....ME TOO!

As far as relationships I'm not to sure about, Jana says I am.

It is funny the traits we pick up from our parents, I also have my mothers also that's what makes me so great, I have the best of both. :)

0 comments: