Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Another pissed of customer!

I am sick of people telling me I or my coworkers are idiots, only to be followed by "oh i'm at the wrong pharmacy" or "oh I already picked that up" OR "I just talked to my doctor, he is calling it in right now."

I understand that I along with my co-workers do make mistakes. However, we do not overcharge you because we want our cut. Nor do we tell you we do not have a prescription for you because we want to keep it. If your doctor hasn't called it in it is not my fault. If you were there when he called it then I don't know why it isn't there. I have been to the doctor and NEVER has he called a prescription in, in front of me.

My point is.....tonight this lady came in to pick up a prescription. the computer said it was filled, but i could not find it. Usually in this case we just print a new label and fill it again so the customer doesn't wait, BUT before we do that we look in the system to make sure it has not already been picked up. Since the prescription was filled 3 days ago I checked and sure enough it was picked up yesterday. She quickly, not nicely tells me that it has not been picked up. Then we have to go through the pick-up sheets to see who picked it up. Well after a few mins. of looking and not finding I asked my pharmisist what he wanted to do (since it is his call). He says oh just fill it again. That is what I was going to do and tell her.

BUT this old hag decides to come and say "what is the deal, I didn't pick it up" I said "Well we were looking to see who did" Before I can say but the pharmisist says we can fill it. She says "this is ridiculous this happens everytime, I'm calling my insurance company and letting them know about this blah blah blah" The woman would not let me talk she just kept all telling me I was an idiot, and how vaulable her time was. I had agreed with her and listened to a little to much when I said. "I know your time is vaulable that is why i'm not going to make you sit here for the next 2 hours while I go through these labels, I have talked to the pharmisist, do you want to know what he said" (because she kept butting in to tell me I was dumb) Then she said it the excuse I am sick of hearing "THIS HAPPENS EVERYTIME I COME IN HERE" I not so nice say "oh really everytime you come in here we tell you your prescription has already been picked up" she replies "no" I again not very nice say "well then don't say everytime cause this is the first."

I am usually very nice but there is only so much I can handle and she just rubbed me the wrong way. She was given her meds at no charge and it took a whole 2mins. not counting the 7 she chose to spend arguing with me. I guess her time is not that vaulable!

I found out what happened to her presciption and it was picked up by someone with the exact same name! Honest mistake (that i did not make), I called the lady she is bringing it back and she already knew it.

Point is we do what we can and fix what we screw up, AND "DON'T SAY IT ALWAYS HAPPENS WHEN IT NEVER HAS!!"

I HATE THIS TOWN!

1 comments:

Kristi said...

Whoa girl, you don't play do ya?!? I guess being sick did not make you in any better of a mood today did it! Hahaha, I would have coughed all over her and said, oh I'm so sorry! Then wiped your nose on her bag before you gave it to her! Haha! I would never want to work in a pharmacy, it never occured to me how pissed people can get when they can't get their meds...especially if you're dealing with an addict that really needs their vicodin! Yea, tonight a lot of the girls at the shower were telling me that they drank the castro oil and it made them go into labor every time they did it. I would try it but I'm not that brave! I'm just going to wait it out...but I bet ya that this baby doesn't come on his own, I just have that feeling. See ya Friday!