Friday, May 9, 2008

I'm so pissed!

I find it really unfair the way the government works. I think that is just wonderful that they have decided to give out the "free money." The way I understand it each individual could get the max of $600 then $300 for each kid. I being a single person with no child I was expecting $600.

First I'm going to take you back to a time when I decided that I was going to better myself and get an education so that WHEN I had children I would be able to take care of them and not struggle. I applied for grants and was turned down because I "made to much money." I made possibly $20k that year. I would hardly say that was "to much." I was currently happily living on my own. Having to pay rent, car payment, insurance, and of course the utility bills and try to support my single life meaning, feed myself, and entertain myself. Which didn't consist of much seeing how I was left with NO MONEY after paying my bills.

That rant was to explain why I had no other choice to now live with family in order to complete my education. I'm not saying that I would like the government to support me but it would be nice if I could get a little help since I have waited to have children and am trying to better myself. I come from a low income family so they can't really help me even if they want.

I have no medical insurance leaving me with large bills. Until last semester I received no money for school other than the loans I have had to take out. I only received a small amount of grant money this last semester and that is only because I had made $10k less last year because I had to take a pay cut so that I could go to school which then left me living with my family and feeling low.

I get so frustrated when I see people who come thru the pharmacy with medicaid and get mad when their $10.99 medicine is not covered, but they drive a nicer car than me.

Ok so why I'm pissed because for WEEKS I was looking forward to getting $600 that I had not expected. I originally was going to use it to pay off the medical bills that have been coming in for a year now that I have put off. Then I read an article about how the government wanted us to foolishly spend the money so that the economy would be boosted. I couldn't bring myself to foolishly spend $600. However I did talk my self into splitting it and spend $300 towards the bills and then $300 just for me. I wanted a Nintendo DS cause I have been wanting for a really long time and this looked like a great opportunity. I found on the walmart website a pink one and it came with the battery and a game and a few other things including a princess peach tin lunch box. I REALLY wanted that lunch box. Then what was left out of my $300 to spend I could buy me some new clothes cause I don't know why but I have nothing to wear. I just checked my bank account and my money had been deposited but I only got $300. Why??? I don't know I guess I didn't qualify for the $600 because "I make to much money for one person." Sad thing is I don't even make enough to pay my bills and have to use my loan money to help me out. Wanna know what else is sad, I got $1,200 back on my tax refund and it has all be spent and do you know what I have to show for it.......nothing but it was not frivolously spent either it was simply there so I could live.

I'm in school so I can better my life and make more money, but sad thing is I'm going to be in so much debt when I get out of school from school loans that the increase in pay will only help to pay for the loans.

Today is one of the days that makes me wonder why I even try.

1 comments:

Kristi said...

That totally sucks...I'm really sorry. I wish I had other words to make you feel better but I don't think there are any, it just sucks.