Monday, May 19, 2008

Was it really worth $350.00???

This weekend I was working at the Pharmacy as usual. A girl walks up and says "I need to drop off this prescription, and here is his insurance card." I look him up we have all the information. I tell her it will be about 15-20mins. I type in the prescription.............It is from the ER. The first drug was Valtrex which is a pill for herpes outbreaks (it is also used for fever blisters, but the directions usually allow you to know which it is being used for.) He had to take 1 tablet 3 times a day...(HERPES, it is). The next one was for Zovirax ointment. The directions...Apply 4 times a day to affected scrotal area....(HERPES, it is).

After filling the prescriptions I inform the possible girlfriend that the 2 prescriptions equal to about $350.00, ON INSURANCE. She says she KNOWS she can get the cream cheaper at Wal-mart. She takes the prescriptions back and goes to wal-mart. Then calls and says can you just go ahead and fill them he is going to get the money from his mom.

They come back, we fill the prescriptions, they pay $350.00.

I wanted to so badly ask the guy..."Was it worth it." Ha!

It is so frustrating being a single person cause after this I almost have no desire to date at all.

What I really wanted to ask was "Who gave it to who?"

It is pretty fun working in the pharmacy, I'm just glad I don't know most of the people that come in, and that I have a HUGE bottle of hand sanitizer next to me at all times!

0 comments: