Friday, May 2, 2008

Why I'm MIA

Besides the fact that it is finals week. Yesterday morning Jana fell in the front yard going to the car and broke her femur (femer, I'm not really sure how to spell it) bone. We called an ambulance. She had surgery last night at 5, she was put in the ICU to be watched overnight. She is now in a room doing well. She is in a TON of pain and worrying about EVERYTHING. I spent most of the day yesterday in the hospital besides the 2 hours I went to take one of my finals. Came home last night and had trouble going to sleep. I just went to the grocery store with Shelby she is stocked on food for sometime now. It looks like Jana will have to be in the hospital for a extended amount of time and then to a rehab until she can move and function better on her own. The doc really didn't seem to know what was going to happen it is kinda a day by day situation. He did say that it will be a 6-9 month recovery!

Nobody needs to worry I will take care of Shelby, or should I say Shelby will take care of me. I wanted to sleep with her last night.

Oh but the good thing doc said....."she has to stop smoking or the bone will NEVER heal."

reason 23 why I'm not a nurse and Selena is.......Cause I got nausea just watching the ambulance move her from the ground to bed, and there was NO BLOOD. I guess I could just imagine the pain, or maybe it was the onset of stress. Point is I am not in the medical field unless it is with a pharmacy! ha! Even there I get a little nausea.

1 comments:

Kristi said...

Yea I don't know how I ever wanted to be a doctor, just the sight of those pictures nearly made me vomit...poor Jana. I hope things keep going well for her. Let me know if you need anything.