Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Why I'm not a stay at home mom...

Today I had the day off from school and work. Scotty was working and Addi went to the babysitters. I wanted to spend the day with her cause I have been so busy with school I have missed her.

I went to the doctor this morning then I picked her up from the babysitters and we came home and ate lunch then I read her a story and put her to bed for a nap. While she was sleeping I was going to catch up on the cleaning that has slipped by because of finals week. Instead I watched some TV that had piled up. I just love DVR.

I baked some cookies for Shelby and her friend that was coming home from school it was just a few. What was left in the fridge. Addi woke up and well we ate the cookies. UH-OH! I picked the girls up from school when the immediately wanted to go somewhere when I just wanted to come home. We went to the store to pick up somethings we needed. We got back in the car and got to listen to Addi whine because she didn't want to be in the car seat. I said the famous word "If you don't stop that screaming I will give you something to scream about." We got home now I need to start dinner and have no desire to.

I can not be a stay at home mom because I feel like I have done nothing today but I'm exhausted and still have a messy house. :(

1 comments:

Kristi said...

Someday when you have your own kids you will want to stay at home with them. You will have lots of years to work up to parenting teenagers too, so by the time they get to be 13 you will be a pro! Plus by the time your kids are teenagers you will probably be somewhere close to 40 so you'll have more patience!